Are you looking for a new way to make friends online? Would you like to chat with your peers? Are you looking for online adventures anonymously, without texting or registering? Omegle is a free and anonymous chat, which will not be uninteresting for you! There is no need to register, and you can already communicate with new people today!
The main thing about the platform
Omegle is a web service that allows you to communicate in private (online chat) mode. The choice of the person you are talking to is absolutely random. The communication is completely anonymous: the interlocutors are displayed on the site as: You and Stranger .
It is possible to communicate both in text-only format and using a webcam.
The main language of communication on the site is English. Feature of the site is that you can specify your interests, and then the service will try to pick up the interlocutor with the same interest.
History of the service
The service was founded on March 25, 2009 by 18-year-old American Leif K-Brooks and quickly gained popularity among English-speaking users: thus, in less than a month after the opening the number of site views reached 150,000.
User benefits of Omegle
As one of the first in the world, Omegle video chat offered some special features for users. Today, the following benefits can be attributed to the service.
1. Lack of registration. To start using Omegle, you don’t need to register, fill out a profile, verify your account, and so on. You just go to the site, choose the type of chat and start chatting with strangers. No extra action is required.
2. The presence of text and video chat. Nowadays, many alternatives to Omegle offer to communicate only in video format. The developers of Omegle understand that this format is not suitable for everyone. That’s why there is a possibility of text communication. It is enough to click on the Text or Video button on the main page.
3. Ability to indicate your interests. You can specify your interests in a separate field for the system to find you more suitable interlocutors. This simplifies the search and helps algorithms to find you partners for dating more quickly. In the same way, you can choose your language of communication.
4. Student Chat. Pretty specific, but useful feature. You can enter the official Email address of your university, after which the system will only connect you with other students.
5. Really large user base. Go to the Omegle website at any time of day, and there will be 20-25,000 people online.